Suck it Up by Brian Meehl

The story is about Morning McCobb, a 16-year-old orphan who's accidentally turned into a vampire. He was then abducted by his kind and enrolled at Leaguer Academy, a vampire boarding school in the mountains managed by the President of the International Vampire League (Luther Birnam).

Upon graduation, a student is assigned to a random vampire couple living life normally in civilized society.

When Morning was about to pursue his only desire to read every comic book in the world and live boringly with his designated couple, Mr. Birnam gave him an option he can't refuse.

With his physical looks that screams geek with nerd as the big side dish, he was a potential living-life-in-the-open vampire. Luther Birnam's goal was to have a chance for the vampires to live with respect and recognition.

After Morning agreed to the idea, they went to New York City to find the sought-after publicist of the freaks, Penny Dredful.

He ended up staying with Mrs. Dredful. Penny's aspiring journalist daughter Portia who was unwelcoming to Morning found a way to enter a film school scholarship by exploiting every detail of Morning's journey in a documentary.

Will Birnam's plan work? Will Portia's evil scheme succeed? How will the Loner vampires who live by the old ways react? Will vampires ever live with humans in harmony? 

Well, only you can find out. Right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't really impressed by the book although in summary or book reviews, it sounds so interesting and full of awesomeness. I guess this one's really for the boy readers? I don't know.

Some might enjoy this, I'm pretty sure. But not me. Something about it is off. It's not that it's not convincing, if Twilight convinced you, anything will. It's the narration, maybe? Lack of depth of the characters or plot flaws?

Anyway, this is my first review since the last and here's to hoping the next one's my kind of book.



3 comments:

Maya Unfred Montgomery | October 11, 2012 at 3:34 AM

It's too bad that you didn't much care for this book. This was a very honest review and a detailed summary of the plot. Nice job.

Lisa Mandina | October 11, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Sorry you didn't like, but like the other post, I agree that it is great to be honest. I think that is important. Although, your slight on Twilight wasn't a favorite of mine, as I am a huge Twilight fan, not for the vampires, but because I love the love story. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my review as well!

Loraine | October 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM

To Maya: Thank you =) I tried my best to. Have a nice day!

To Lisa: Sorry if that offended you. I'm a fan of the love story too, but without it, the Twilight vampire plot would be a little like Suck it Up to me too. No hate, though! Just love ♥ Thank you also :) Good day!

Post a Comment