Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by Cassie Mae (A.K.A. Becca Ann)

I was looking for a good book to read and this popped out of nowhere. Since I saw the good reviews it got from Goodreads, I pursued it.

----------------------------------

Brody has always been in love with the girlfriend (Quynn) of his douchebag of an older brother Gabe. Now that Gabe and Quynn has broken up, Brody is getting ready to take over his brother.

The confusion begins soon after Brody notices his sign-language class partner, Haylie. Though Haylie is fat, she has a great personality that Brody can't help but fall for.

Haylie is known to be a matchmaking savant among her friends so she convinces Brody to let her help him out with him and Quynn.

Suddenly, Brody is torn between the girl he always had a crush on and the girl who makes him laugh.

------------------------------------------- 

There are parts when Brody's narration got too annoying (maybe guys really think highly and obsessively of the girl they like this way... or not) but I've got to give it to Cassie/Becca for creating such an entertaining, if not yet too cliche, read.

This is the kind of book fat girls would want to read (I am a fat girl myself). Maybe not just even the fat girls, all the girls with insecurities and low self-esteem out there would find this book gosh darn awesomesauce!

The author got it right. She got the kind of boy we all wish is out there.


3 comments:

Kimberly | August 10, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I agree that Brody seemed a bit too obsessive about Hayley. But he was really sweet (too good to be true...)

Thanks for stopping by!

crescentmoon33 | August 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Hi Loraine! Thanks for reading my review over @ http://theread-a-holic.blogspot.com/ :) Means alot. Anyways, I also think that it's a wonderful book for anyone with insecurities to read. Great review! Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner ^_^

Loraine | August 17, 2013 at 7:56 PM

To Kimberly: Too good to be true indeed!!

To crescentmoon33: Thanks for dropping by!!! :)

Post a Comment